Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Evangelism

Hey everybody,

I know it's been awhile, I appreciate the encouragement. Last week we finished up the evangelism outreach in Caxias. It was a very positive experience for me, even though a lot of the people weren't receptive at the time and some of the youth we were working with weren't all with it. The toughest part was always right before I would share with someone and I was always like "What in the world am I going to say, God?" The words always came though and they were always different, the Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways. Like I said before, it's hard to share the gospel with someone and leave them, undecided. I just know that God's word does not return void. One guy got up and left three times while I was sharing with him. I told him that we waited for him and so is God, he decided he would wait longer. The biggest excuse everyone gave was that they weren't prepared. I guess it's hard to translate that there is nothing to prepare. Yet again, I came to the conclusion that evangelism is an aspect of the Christian life that works best when it is practiced.

Went to the beach on Saturday and it was pretty sweet. The waves were huge and awesome. They knocked me down at 2 foot and washed me ashore. I know it seems like I've been to the beach alot, but it's cheap, sweet, and relaxing. Suffering for Jesus is what Eric calls it.

Yesterday, we went out for the first time unaccompanied by a Brazilian or missionary and what did I do? I bought a donut and apple turnover, both of which were pretty good. The coolest part was I didn't speak any English. It's good to know that if I was stranded in the middle of the city I could find a confeituria and buy a donut.

Today we worked an evangelism clinic for a newer church. It was slow day, but a lot of high blood pressure. There were three little boys there who were pretty funny. They wouldn't come near me or talk to me nearly all morning. It was until I made them paper airplanes did I get some responses. They played soccer with balls of paper, but it was really an excuse for them to roll around on the ground and wrestle. It was more like football than soccer, but I couldn't tell them that.

We are going to a place 2 hours away called Angra dos Reis on Thursday and we will be there until Sunday. We are doing a clinic and evangelism, at leasts that's the plan. One thing about the trip so far is that plans change an average of twice a day. Angra dos Reis is supposed to be very nice.

If you want see more pictures or check out our missionary go to http://www.reesefamilyonline.org/
check the clinic pictures and Reese's Pieces

I also have skype, but no phone numbers since my phone is still gone markf.law I will answer.

Thanks for your prayers. I think we have most of our logistics under control.

Isaiah 43 has been well worth my time

Mark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See, I suffered for Jesus at the beach last year and you did not think it was possible. Glad to hear things are going well!

I have a story to tell you about a creepy old man that lives where I work.