Monday, June 30, 2008

Hump week

Hey Everybody,
We've passed hump week! I could tell it was hump week, because I started thinking of everything I wanted to eat when I get back. We were really busy all week doing triage, Karen and I saw 630 people in the 5 days, it was a lot. I liked it though, because I got to sit down speak to all the patients. My interpreters taught me how to ask all of the questions in Portuguese. I talked to a few people without an interpreter, that was cool.
This weekend we decided to do all of our shopping, so we went downtown to the place were all of the locals shop on Saturday and Sunday afternoon we went to the hippie fair in Ipanema. I got to do a little bargaining, I got everybody to knock off 5. I think I still paid too much, though. The coolest thing I bought was a painting of the beach. I had finished shopping and I was waiting around looking at some paintings that were really nice looking they were all beach pictures. The more I thought about it, the more I decided I wanted one. I counted up all the money I had left and I was 30 short and I started talking to the guy. I told him I only had 50, and we got him to knock off 20 and I got everybody who owed me money to pay up. So I got a really sweet painting.
We went to a family's house on Sunday after church and we had the best meal we have had in Brazil. We had chicken, sausage, and beef cooked on the churrasco and it was so juicy and flavorful. It was way better than the steakhouse we went to earlier and it was the perfect ending to hump week.
I decided that the ability to sleep anywhere in almost any condition is a gift and I am extremely thankful for it.

I am going to try and update again soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marky-mark!

What did you buy for me?!?!